If snowy sports are your thing, the BBC will be broadcasting the 2010 Winter Olympics in their entirety in HD, free-to-air satellite service Freesat has revealed. Freesat's aim in releasing this titbit is to persuade sporty types to invest in a Freesat-branded HD TV or set-top box, and a satellite dish. But we note that since …
Message to the gnome
Come on Bernie, you know you can do it....
Any chance of getting ITV-HD on a standard HD receiver (ironically meaning a Sky+ HD box) and not one that's only Freesat compatible with its hack to get the otherwise obscured ITV-HD ?
re ITV-HD ?
ITV-HD is (AFAIK) restricted due to access restrictions - see http://www.astra2d.com/freesat.htm for background.
Rather than "talking up HD", I'd prefer Freesat to be "talking up" when they will deliver more FTA HD channels available in the UK (such as C4 HD, E4 HD which Sky HD have already) for owners of Freesat HD kit?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update