If snowy sports are your thing, the BBC will be broadcasting the 2010 Winter Olympics in their entirety in HD, free-to-air satellite service Freesat has revealed. Freesat's aim in releasing this titbit is to persuade sporty types to invest in a Freesat-branded HD TV or set-top box, and a satellite dish. But we note that since …
Message to the gnome
Come on Bernie, you know you can do it....
Any chance of getting ITV-HD on a standard HD receiver (ironically meaning a Sky+ HD box) and not one that's only Freesat compatible with its hack to get the otherwise obscured ITV-HD ?
re ITV-HD ?
ITV-HD is (AFAIK) restricted due to access restrictions - see http://www.astra2d.com/freesat.htm for background.
Rather than "talking up HD", I'd prefer Freesat to be "talking up" when they will deliver more FTA HD channels available in the UK (such as C4 HD, E4 HD which Sky HD have already) for owners of Freesat HD kit?
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor