If snowy sports are your thing, the BBC will be broadcasting the 2010 Winter Olympics in their entirety in HD, free-to-air satellite service Freesat has revealed. Freesat's aim in releasing this titbit is to persuade sporty types to invest in a Freesat-branded HD TV or set-top box, and a satellite dish. But we note that since …
Message to the gnome
Come on Bernie, you know you can do it....
Any chance of getting ITV-HD on a standard HD receiver (ironically meaning a Sky+ HD box) and not one that's only Freesat compatible with its hack to get the otherwise obscured ITV-HD ?
re ITV-HD ?
ITV-HD is (AFAIK) restricted due to access restrictions - see http://www.astra2d.com/freesat.htm for background.
Rather than "talking up HD", I'd prefer Freesat to be "talking up" when they will deliver more FTA HD channels available in the UK (such as C4 HD, E4 HD which Sky HD have already) for owners of Freesat HD kit?
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Proof the pen is mightier?
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go