Don't expect Windows Mobile 7 to launch next month at Mobile World Congress, despite what you may have heard in the press and on the rumour mill. So claim industry sources cited by DigiTimes, and we can't say we're entirely surprised. Instead, Microsoft will released WinMo 6.6, codenamed 'Maldives', they say, to improve the …
This isn't news
I wasn't aware anyone thought WM7 was to be released at MWC. I thought it was fairly widely known that WM7 would be "announced" or previewed - in the way MS always does with major OS products. The release of WM6.6 (or 6.5.3 as it's been called in all the development builds) is welcome though.
Hur hur hur...
In other leaks... Windows Mobile 7 hurriedly renamed Windows Mobile 6.6 while dev team run around in headless chicken mode...
It's over for Microsoft
Microsoft needs to give up in mobile and stop spending billions on this losing game.
The game is already over for Windows Mobile. Microsoft lost. Now it must move on and concentrate on its other enterprise divisions
Hey, IBM is still around, 20 years after losing the PC game.
Blast from the Past
Windows Mobile..... yes, I think I remember it.
WinMo and NT 7
WinMo 7 will be released along side the next version of Windows, as they will be sharing the same Kernel. Development between the products is being merged to save money and allow for for easier code migration. Other changes will include dumping of 32-bit versions of the OS and porting more code into the .net framework.
I used to work in the Mobile department until being laid off.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad