Nintendo has claimed consumers won’t mind being unable able to watch HD movies on the Wii’s upcoming movie service. Reggie Fils-Aime, President of Nintendo America, told CNBC this week that since “the vast majority of content that’s available for streaming through Netflix is not HD content... there really is no loss for the Wii …
Nintendo could make the Wii considerably more attractive by allowing it to play DVDs.
Don't think so
Doing so would only make it more expensive thanks to the tax man. I doubt there's a house hold with a Wii and no DVD player so I don't think it's that essential.
Perhaps stating the obvious here, but does this come as any surprise given the Wii's inherent lack of HD capability?
They probably actually could make it read DVD's but dont bother through a firmware update...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean