Nintendo has claimed consumers won’t mind being unable able to watch HD movies on the Wii’s upcoming movie service. Reggie Fils-Aime, President of Nintendo America, told CNBC this week that since “the vast majority of content that’s available for streaming through Netflix is not HD content... there really is no loss for the Wii …
Nintendo could make the Wii considerably more attractive by allowing it to play DVDs.
Don't think so
Doing so would only make it more expensive thanks to the tax man. I doubt there's a house hold with a Wii and no DVD player so I don't think it's that essential.
Perhaps stating the obvious here, but does this come as any surprise given the Wii's inherent lack of HD capability?
They probably actually could make it read DVD's but dont bother through a firmware update...
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders