Feeds

back to article Motorola ends mobile sell off

Motorola is ending the search for a buyer for its set top box and networking business, because it cannot find anyone willing to pay enough for the unit. The company has spent the last two years trying to sell off its handset business, which has had a rotten few years, as well as its set-top box and networking division. But bids …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Paris Hilton

Market share?

"Motorola has seen its previously decent market share for handsets shrink thanks new players like Apple and stronger competition from the likes of Samsung."

Allow me to rephrase that ... "Motorola has seen its previously decent market share for handsets shrink thanks to making shit devices that no one wants". There, that reads so much better now.

Really, with their new Android handsets they are beginning to stand a chance of some small description. But even the Droid is let down by some corner cutting with its atrocious camera, and that in its flagship handset. Will they never learn?

One has to wish them luck at their attempted renaissance. But if I were a betting man, I wouldn't be betting on them not repeating the same mistakes as they made before. Leopard, spots and that sort of stuff...

Paris, 'cos she's something no one wants either

This topic is closed for new posts.