The US military's Southern Command has released* some aerial photographs of post-earthquake Haiti, which it says are "providing US military planners valuable situation awareness as they coordinate US military support to the Haiti relief". The pictures from the unmanned Global Hawk include an image of survivors congregating on a …
If nothing else, it indicates the level of devastation that has occurred.
I like it ...
I like it when tools of death and destruction are instead used to help people.
hearts and minds
It shows the US taxpayer that the billions spent on the US Military can also be used for "Good" and not just Killing things!
I guess it makes a change...
...for US drones to be taking pictures of things that have been destroyed by something other than themselves!
It's got to be asked.
Did they invite the President of Haiti abord the Carl Vinson and, if so, did he say: "Hey! I can see my house from here."?
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market