The US military's Southern Command has released* some aerial photographs of post-earthquake Haiti, which it says are "providing US military planners valuable situation awareness as they coordinate US military support to the Haiti relief". The pictures from the unmanned Global Hawk include an image of survivors congregating on a …
If nothing else, it indicates the level of devastation that has occurred.
I like it ...
I like it when tools of death and destruction are instead used to help people.
hearts and minds
It shows the US taxpayer that the billions spent on the US Military can also be used for "Good" and not just Killing things!
I guess it makes a change...
...for US drones to be taking pictures of things that have been destroyed by something other than themselves!
It's got to be asked.
Did they invite the President of Haiti abord the Carl Vinson and, if so, did he say: "Hey! I can see my house from here."?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL