Cisco has unveiled a new four-services-in-one network line card designed to move more data storage functions out of end devices and into the fabric. Cisco's Storage Services Node 16 (SSN-16) consolidates Cisco's existing fabric-based SAN services into one card for a MDS 9000 director chassis. The 16-port line card contains four …
Like this is new?
Once again, Cisco are claiming ground breaking technology when it has already been delivered to market by other vendors/manufacturers. Do they offer any technical, business or operational advancement or value? Very unlikely, but they do market it very well! Anyone who truly believes the muck they peddle ought to take some time out and smell the coffee..............
They are not alone
Apple does the same thing. Look no further than the iPhoney.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month