Cisco has unveiled a new four-services-in-one network line card designed to move more data storage functions out of end devices and into the fabric. Cisco's Storage Services Node 16 (SSN-16) consolidates Cisco's existing fabric-based SAN services into one card for a MDS 9000 director chassis. The 16-port line card contains four …
Like this is new?
Once again, Cisco are claiming ground breaking technology when it has already been delivered to market by other vendors/manufacturers. Do they offer any technical, business or operational advancement or value? Very unlikely, but they do market it very well! Anyone who truly believes the muck they peddle ought to take some time out and smell the coffee..............
They are not alone
Apple does the same thing. Look no further than the iPhoney.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'