Rob Glaser - founder of internet media outfit RealNetworks - has stepped down as chief executive of the company after sixteen years at the helm. Current general counsel and executive vice president of corporate development Robert Kimball has been appointed president and acting CEO. He will also serve on the company's board of …
Oh yeah, I remember them from the 90s.
Paris, 'cos she is fond of buffering too.
Realnetworks. Errr... Who?
Used to be the thing one had to install (even though we didn't want to) to listen to BBC internet content. Now iPlayer doesn't need it.
At least in UK, Real Player is surely destined to become very unreal indeed. Does it have any future?
In detail, my opinions on this situation:
Completely pointless product, did we REALLY need MORE proprietary file formats?
You can easily identify the MS employees out to bad mouth a company getting hundreds of millions of dollars in antitrust settlements for illegal MS business practices.
They ID themselves by attacking the companies subject to the illegal practices.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle