Rob Glaser - founder of internet media outfit RealNetworks - has stepped down as chief executive of the company after sixteen years at the helm. Current general counsel and executive vice president of corporate development Robert Kimball has been appointed president and acting CEO. He will also serve on the company's board of …
Oh yeah, I remember them from the 90s.
Paris, 'cos she is fond of buffering too.
Realnetworks. Errr... Who?
Used to be the thing one had to install (even though we didn't want to) to listen to BBC internet content. Now iPlayer doesn't need it.
At least in UK, Real Player is surely destined to become very unreal indeed. Does it have any future?
In detail, my opinions on this situation:
Completely pointless product, did we REALLY need MORE proprietary file formats?
You can easily identify the MS employees out to bad mouth a company getting hundreds of millions of dollars in antitrust settlements for illegal MS business practices.
They ID themselves by attacking the companies subject to the illegal practices.
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Feature Be your own Big Brother: Monitoring your manor, the easy way
- Boffins say they've got Lithium batteries the wrong way around
- In a spin: Samsung accuses LG exec of washing machine SABOTAGE
- Phones 4u slips into administration after EE cuts ties with Brit mobe retailer