Orange France has denied reports that a company executive admitted the existence of Apple’s much-rumoured iPad tablet. In a recent interview – available here - Stephane Richard, Orange France's deputy CEO, responded to questions about Apple tablet. Many observers took his words as confirmation that the device exists and will …
He's just going along with the interviewer
I've listened to this a couple of times and the interviewer clearly asks Richard about *speculation* appearing in "Le Point" that Apple will bring out a tablet. The rather pithy reply could *very easily* be just confirmation that he is aware of the speculation and on balance that's how I hear it.
None of the rather wooly chit chat about videophoning with webcams that follows much changes things.
But perhaps he's just being cagey. In any case reading this as definite confirmation is over the top.
just goes to show...
..that you cannot compare Apples and Oranges
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad