Orange France has denied reports that a company executive admitted the existence of Apple’s much-rumoured iPad tablet. In a recent interview – available here - Stephane Richard, Orange France's deputy CEO, responded to questions about Apple tablet. Many observers took his words as confirmation that the device exists and will …
He's just going along with the interviewer
I've listened to this a couple of times and the interviewer clearly asks Richard about *speculation* appearing in "Le Point" that Apple will bring out a tablet. The rather pithy reply could *very easily* be just confirmation that he is aware of the speculation and on balance that's how I hear it.
None of the rather wooly chit chat about videophoning with webcams that follows much changes things.
But perhaps he's just being cagey. In any case reading this as definite confirmation is over the top.
just goes to show...
..that you cannot compare Apples and Oranges
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders