In the past, Microsoft has worked hard to improve the Window performance of open-source database MySQL, hoping to stop the deployment drain from Windows to Linux. But now, Microsoft has released early software to help bring MySQL users into the closed-source company's database fold. The offer means Microsoft is joining other …
I can"t believe
How retarded people are. MySQL will become ForkSQL if Oracle gets crazy. Big deal, it's not like your website or app will stop working in the meantime.
With this, seems like Monty's/MS plan to create FUD around MySQL and Oracle has come to fruition... How convenient isn't it? after all the noise generated by Monty, here comes the messiah ballmer to save you...
Are people really going to jump from the frying pan into the fire?
MS are mad
the draw of windows is the pre install, but after that it is the GUI.
They shouldn't care about the kernel, and just use a free one, probably BSD license, then ensure drivers are written well, and they keep up the GUI to their market segment, they do an Apple.
Then they will find no one pushes Linux or BSD anymore, as in reality those people don't care beyond the ability to admin the machine and create software. Sure, they won't get those folks as users, but they will also stop them being potential dissers of MS, and that's worth a lot more in holding market share.
migrate to MS?...
I would think that anyone wanting to migrate from MySQL would migrate to PostgreSQL.
Out of the frying pan
into the shit?
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook