back to article South Korea sets up cyberwarfare unit to repel NORK hackers

South Korea has launched a cyberwarfare command centre designed to fight against possible hacking attacks blamed on North Korea and China. The division boasts a reported 200 techies, who will be tasked with tackling a reported 95,000 hacking attacks the country's military networks face every day. North Korea was blamed for a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

51st Parallel?

38th, surely?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

somebody is obviously having a bad day...

51st parallel doesn't even go through Korea.

To my embarrassment I didn't spot it until I read your comment. Nice one.

2. Jason Togneri
    FAIL

May I be the first to say, yet again...

...why the heck does a military network even have a public-facing connection? These should be isolated networks, with parallel networks used for internet-only access. No military (government, police force, etc) in the world should have its critical systems interfaced directly with the public internet. That's just stoopid.

3. Neal 5

feck, it can't be hard

just unplug from the backbone/spine, and run your own intranet populated and policed by your own.

Fuck NK, you always have done in the past.

4. Niall 1
    Joke

Hot Lisps?

that is all

5. nosperantos

Technical investigation of the attacks

You may read more about the attacks in this comprehensive forensic summary:

http://chaptersinwebsecurity.blogspot.com/2009/07/ddos-attacks-in-korea-forensic-analysis.html

6. Steve Roper

North Korean hackers?

You mean somebody other than the Dear Leader has a computer in North Korea, and the education to be able to use it - not to mention *Internet access*? Wow. Just... wow.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like