Nine companies are bidding to run the US white space database, but only Google plans to give access away for free - which should ensure the race doesn't last long. The FCC plans for exploiting white space - unused TV spectrum - require the creation of a database showing which frequencies are available and where. Nine companies …
Can we vote on headlines, too? That one was brilliant.
It's a no-brainer
"Nine companies are bidding to run the US white space database, but only Google plans to give access away for free - which should ensure the race doesn't last long."
Why? Surely there's still eight companies to choose from?
Hang on, so they'll be (say) 5 database providers. one of my devices knows about A and B, and the other D and E. So they'll still interfere.
Unless the plan is to have 5 providers on one shared database ? In which, why not have just one ?
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search