Nine companies are bidding to run the US white space database, but only Google plans to give access away for free - which should ensure the race doesn't last long. The FCC plans for exploiting white space - unused TV spectrum - require the creation of a database showing which frequencies are available and where. Nine companies …
Can we vote on headlines, too? That one was brilliant.
It's a no-brainer
"Nine companies are bidding to run the US white space database, but only Google plans to give access away for free - which should ensure the race doesn't last long."
Why? Surely there's still eight companies to choose from?
Hang on, so they'll be (say) 5 database providers. one of my devices knows about A and B, and the other D and E. So they'll still interfere.
Unless the plan is to have 5 providers on one shared database ? In which, why not have just one ?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know