Nokia's Beta Labs has released "Gig Finder", an application for S60 users that works out where you are and what music is playing locally. The application runs on 5th-edition devices and provides for searching by genre, artist, venue and so forth - the results being filtered for local venues along with links to purchase tickets …
an application for S60 owners
An application for an operating system it's giving up on, in favour of Maemo Linux ? Odd...
If it's free and it works with my N79 it might finally be something useful for a handset that's otherwise fallen far short of it's potential.
Well, assuming I can get the bloody GPS to lock onto a signal at some point - and that's when it's in eGPS mode (hallelujah web & walk). It's hopeless without the net assistance. May as well just type in the local postcode to the gig finder.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?