back to article Latest Asus Eee Keyboard desktop demo'd

Watch in HD at Reg Hardware's YouTube channel Can't see the video? Download FlashPlayer from Adobe.com Asus_Eee_Keyboard_SM_02

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
WTF?

Gaaahh!

What's an "uh-seuss"?

Could I (& everyone I know) been wrong all along with "ay-suss"?

My world is falling apart. I'm not sure I can go on.

Bronze badge

Re: Gaaahh!

Always pronounced it "ah-seuss" myself.

History repeating itself

Back in the '80s, I brought a EuroPC which was a PC in a keyboard. A bit thicker than this one and a 3.5 inch floppy where the touchpad is. But it had a proper keyboard and internally I could add a 1/2 height ISA card - wow, the expansion capabilites were endless !!!

Thumb Down

Amstrad

Looks a bit like my CPC464 from over 25 years ago...

Bronze badge
FAIL

Re: It's like I steeped back in 2006

I guess even Asus can have a S0NY moment.

No way I'd pay $599.00(USD), for a Keybord w/o a Blueray Drive in it....

Erm

First complete PC to fit into a keyboard.

...riight...

Coffee/keyboard

yep

I think Commodore or maybe Evesham Micros did that already back in the 486 days?

Not to mention the Amiga, CPC, ST, C64, Speccy, MSX, Apple II, etc .... no-one stated it was specifically an x86 IBM-architecture-compatible PC now did they?

It's not really a big ask, is it. Take a laptop. Remove the screen. Um.... ok, now what else do we need to do? Take out the battery and mousepad... ok. Add a captive PDA as a replacement for said mousepad... Wireless picture beaming to the TV is probably the killer feature vs anything else here.

Bronze badge
Go

Linux?

What drives the dual screenage?

Linux? Nah.

As Asus said, as they launched both barrels into their big toes, "It's better with Windows".

Bleah!

Boffin

if you're on the web ....

"If you're on the web in Internet Explorer"

Now why would anyone be doing that ? Is this for mental patients :)

FAIL

I wouldn't mind buying one of those...

...if it wasn't for that stupid, waste of space multi-touch screen. How many applications will it ever be compatible with? Will I ever have to take my shoes off to count them on my appendages? I doubt it somewhat.

How many applications?

Don't bother taking your shoes off to count.

Just drop your trousers and use your 'nether appendage' instead.

Joke

Sign me up!

I was skeptical about the need for this product but then they mentioned it plays SUDOKU! Now i can't wait to buy one!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums