Robert Half Technology, an IT compensation and headhunting consultancy, says that chief information officers are seeing IT work pile up and are gearing up to do some hiring this year. RHT did a survey of 1,400 CIOs in December, at companies located in the United States with 100 employees or more. 10 per cent of them said they …
Stand Pat? Drill Down...
What does 'stand pat' mean? Stay put?
Nice use of 'drill down' for a bit of buzz at the end.
...but regardless of any report, in the real world they are going to freeze or cut wages. Then they'll fire support staff, expect and demand that remaining staff work double or triple duty training their replacements from Manila and Hyderabad.
Meanwhile, they'll cry loudly about the need to import foreign workers as there is no "appropriately skilled labour" locally, while they blame their customers for being thieving skinflints when they run to another, marginally-less-terrible company.
Should have been a banker, then at least I'd be on the winning side of the wealth gap.
At least in my experience, the off-shoring teams can't cut the mustard and aren't sustainable either.
Companies should give overworked workers a daily bonus...
...for doing the work of 1.7 workers.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Review Best budget Android smartphone there is? Must be the Moto G
- NSFW Confessions of a porn site boss: How the net porn industry flopped
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene