Casio is shipping the EX-FH100 – the world’s first “high-speed, high-zoom” compact camera. FH100 Casio's EX-FH100 Exilim: fast shooting Supporting Casio's claim is a 10.1Mp compact with high-speed burst still shooting of 40fps, 1280 x 720 resolution video capture at up to 1000fps and a wide-angle, 10x optical zoom lens. But …
Why do we need 10 Mp ?
How big is that at 300 dpi ?
What's next ... 15Mp .... 20 Mp ... 25Mp
Do we really need this ?
“640K ought to be enough for anybody.” -Bill Gates (1981)
Don't buy one then.
Hi-res enables shooting wide and cropping down later and still being able to get solid A4 size prints.
As long as the sensor is up to handling the resolution without going too noisy.
Can't do 1280x720 at 1000fps
One slight correction - the resolution drops as the frame rate increases. You're down to 120fps at 640x480, so it's going to be a hundred or so pixels at 1000fps, like the previous high-speed Casios.
You almost had me interested there, 1000fps at 1280x720. Ah, well.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests