Dell is adding a solid state drive (SSD) option to its PowerVault MD1220 array this quarter and it looks like start-up Pliant has won the supply deal. Dell's product page describing the MD1220 has a hot-linked note in the second paragraph, that says: "Availability of Solid State Drives (SSD’s) on PowerVault MD1220 expected Q1 …
Size matters... Sometimes
The original size of the drive may not be the same as used in an OEM deal. It is a fairly common practice to drop capacity to the "lowest common denominator" from as series of possible suppliers to ensure that a replacement drive is same size as the original. At least HP used to do that. Dunno about Dell.
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch