Dell is adding a solid state drive (SSD) option to its PowerVault MD1220 array this quarter and it looks like start-up Pliant has won the supply deal. Dell's product page describing the MD1220 has a hot-linked note in the second paragraph, that says: "Availability of Solid State Drives (SSD’s) on PowerVault MD1220 expected Q1 …
Size matters... Sometimes
The original size of the drive may not be the same as used in an OEM deal. It is a fairly common practice to drop capacity to the "lowest common denominator" from as series of possible suppliers to ensure that a replacement drive is same size as the original. At least HP used to do that. Dunno about Dell.
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Hate Facebook? Hate it enough to spend $9k fleeing it? Web 'country club' built for the rich