Dell is adding a solid state drive (SSD) option to its PowerVault MD1220 array this quarter and it looks like start-up Pliant has won the supply deal. Dell's product page describing the MD1220 has a hot-linked note in the second paragraph, that says: "Availability of Solid State Drives (SSD’s) on PowerVault MD1220 expected Q1 …
Size matters... Sometimes
The original size of the drive may not be the same as used in an OEM deal. It is a fairly common practice to drop capacity to the "lowest common denominator" from as series of possible suppliers to ensure that a replacement drive is same size as the original. At least HP used to do that. Dunno about Dell.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Driverless car SQUADRONS to hit Britain in 2015