Seagate has upped its BlackArmor external drive interface from USB 2.0 to the faster USB 3.0. A steady USB interface changeover is underway as the 5Gbit/s SuperSpeed USB 3 interface colonises the external drive interface landscape. LaCie and and others have already announced product and both Western Digital and Seagate have …
I suspect USB 3.0 will not be a common standard until this mid year perhaps?
Yeah Yeah Yeah - heard it all before.
Oh the manufacturers double speak..... "Transfer speeds of a Jillion Megs a second"...
And craftily hidden in the fine print ** Escape Clause 44. "Burst transfer Speed of UP TOO"
Meaning that if you have the brandest newest HDD's, MOBO's, 200 Gig of RAM, an overclocked 50GHz CPU, perhaps - if your lucky, and the wind and gravitational pull of all the planets combined could maybe all combine to pull the electrons about a bit faster..... to perhaps 80% of those speeds... if your lucky;
Cause the fine print did say, "Up Too" - not "DOES".
Oh did I forget to mention, The burst speed actually is attainable, if you wire the mains voltage to all your components and then flick the switch.
The quantity of electrons - in a data equivalency rating - when jumped from 5 and 12V DC - to 240V AC - will actually give a BURST of data, at the rated speed - for all of 1/1000th of a second.
They are only claiming 3 times the speed of USB 2. NOT the 10x USB 2 that USB 3 is capable of. So it is a VERY real life claim.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: Apple orders 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion