Imperial College London, one of the UK's few world-class universities, has beefed up its HPC capabilities with an SGI supercomputer, the Altix ICE 8200 EX. Neither party has disclosed the price or size of the set up, so over to SGI to explain what the installation will do. The supercomputer is to become Imperial's high-end HPC …
the building for the new academic supercomputer will be known as Hector's House
Sure is better than University College. And anyway what is it really, a university or a college?
It's like saying I'm going for a ride in my automobile car. Or going to the pub for drinking beer ale.
Re: The School
Though one might say this is a better state to be in than "Imperial College" which suddenly has started claiming to be a University...
Silly old Hector...
Mine's the one with the ladder, the cat and the frog in the pocket
43 years ago
Simulations... Manchester University Atlas running design simulation for ICL 1904A, input on paper tape to an editor that kept the main file on mag tape, 40 minutes to compile, ran quite quick (once the model of the CPU was complete it was run at 30 simulated instructions per sec). Govt grant to fund it.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.