EMC enjoys nearly 24 per cent of the external disk storage market, and has almost twice the revenue share of IBM, its nearest competitor. After HP, every other supplier is trailing EMC with single digit percentage shares. The chart below shows the 2010 starting positions for the top seven suppliers. It shows EMC gaining share on …
Reading that title far too quickly gave me a funny turn!
I thought Sun OEM'd HDS USP storage rather than buying direct from Hitachi GST (like HDS and HP do). Presumably any failure with Sun would impact HDS' figures too?
Would also suggest that Sun should rationalise their mid-range storage as they have too many products in that area. Speaking as a Sun storage customer.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln