EMC enjoys nearly 24 per cent of the external disk storage market, and has almost twice the revenue share of IBM, its nearest competitor. After HP, every other supplier is trailing EMC with single digit percentage shares. The chart below shows the 2010 starting positions for the top seven suppliers. It shows EMC gaining share on …
Reading that title far too quickly gave me a funny turn!
I thought Sun OEM'd HDS USP storage rather than buying direct from Hitachi GST (like HDS and HP do). Presumably any failure with Sun would impact HDS' figures too?
Would also suggest that Sun should rationalise their mid-range storage as they have too many products in that area. Speaking as a Sun storage customer.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...