EMC enjoys nearly 24 per cent of the external disk storage market, and has almost twice the revenue share of IBM, its nearest competitor. After HP, every other supplier is trailing EMC with single digit percentage shares. The chart below shows the 2010 starting positions for the top seven suppliers. It shows EMC gaining share on …
Reading that title far too quickly gave me a funny turn!
I thought Sun OEM'd HDS USP storage rather than buying direct from Hitachi GST (like HDS and HP do). Presumably any failure with Sun would impact HDS' figures too?
Would also suggest that Sun should rationalise their mid-range storage as they have too many products in that area. Speaking as a Sun storage customer.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- Analysis Spam and the Byzantine Empire: How Bitcoin tech REALLY works
- Apple cored: Samsung sells 10 million Galaxy S4 in a month