back to article Vevo to strip content from YouTube API

Music video website Vevo will soon see its content stripped from YouTube's API, in a move to block third parties using it without the firm's permission. The decision by the Universal Music Group and Sony Group, which co-own Vevo, was made after the founder of Muziic - 16-year-old David Nelson of Bettendorf, Iowa - kicked up an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. kissingthecarpet
    WTF?

Not sure what the problem is

but I tried to watch vids on youtube earlier that were marked VEVO & they were choppy & unwatchable - non-VEVO vids were 100% OK

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Same here

and I'm in Scotland, which isn't- according to the article- one of the regions allowed access.

But yeah, VEVO was choppy and unwatchable- even when I left it to precache it was still choppy and awful. Other Youtube/Dailymotion/etc vids worked beautifully.

2. SirTainleyBarking
      FAIL

They're badly streamed

from servers that have insufficient bandwidth

2. Robert E A Harvey

Yawn

Oh dear. One mindless collection of time-vampires tries to entice away the customers of another mindless collection of attention-distracting trivialists.

Wake me up when it causes the end of the world.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

vevo?

Never heard of them.

Easy come, easy go.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Universal what now?

All of this is starting to seem increasingly irrelevant- a crummy parasitic startup trying to rip off a greedy corrupt dinosaur, and neither offering a product that is in any way relevant to a lot of Earthlings.

Le zzzz.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are we not Men?

We are Vevo!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like