US speech recognition outfit Nuance Communications has bought Spinvox for £64m ($102.5m). Massachusetts-based Nuance had made a $150m offer for Spinvox, which the British firm was said to be "close to accepting" in mid-December. Today Nuance confirmed it had bought Spinvox in a $66m cash and $36.5m, or 2.3m shares, stock deal …
a very accurate part of the name - thought they might have had Tony Blair on the board
Bought them for their technology
I don't think so.
How does Nuace do this?
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip