US speech recognition outfit Nuance Communications has bought Spinvox for £64m ($102.5m). Massachusetts-based Nuance had made a $150m offer for Spinvox, which the British firm was said to be "close to accepting" in mid-December. Today Nuance confirmed it had bought Spinvox in a $66m cash and $36.5m, or 2.3m shares, stock deal …
a very accurate part of the name - thought they might have had Tony Blair on the board
Bought them for their technology
I don't think so.
How does Nuace do this?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone