Feeds

back to article TJX kingpin pleads guilty to Heartland hack

TJX hacking mastermind Albert Gonzalez faces a minimum of 17 years behind bars after pleading guilty to further cybercrimes. Gonzalez, 28, of Miami, admitted hacking into the systems of card processor Heartland Payment Systems, 7-Eleven, and supermarket chain Hannaford Brothers as part of a plea bargain agreement on Tuesday. The …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
WTF?

Seriously someone explain this to me.

"Lawyers for Gonzalez previously argued that their client suffered from Asperger's Syndrome."

Why must they (the lawyers) always use a new and unique condition to get people off the hook? Since McKinnon got nailed seems everyone has it apparently now a days. I swear to god its only time now until we hear of a peado or a rapist using this defense.

Criminal: "No your honor I have Asperger's Syndrome so I didnt know kidnapping and raping that 10 year old was wrong."

*mutters*

Stop

Lock him up

Asperger's is never a relevant defense to any criminal activity. Anyone trying to argue as such is making an incredibly dangerous, selfish, and totally invalid argument that endangers the rights of autistics everywhere. It is painting Asperger's in a completely negative and false light, and gives everyone who reads the story a completely incorrect view that people with Asperger's are more inclined to be criminals or somehow have flawed judgement. This disgusts me. Lock him up, and throw away the key.

Silver badge
FAIL

I think he needs better laywers

I dont really care that he's guilty (which he's obviously admitted to) but a minimum of 17 years WITH a plea bargain - thats not exactly what i would call good bargaining skills.

Can somebody please tell me the phone number of his laywers as i have some wonderful property on Titan that i can sell them for a very nice price...

This topic is closed for new posts.