Raj Rajaratnam, the owner and manager of the Galleon Group hedge fund that is at the center of two insider trading scams, and his compatriot, Danielle Chiesi, formerly of the New Castle Funds hedge fund, have both entered pleas of not guilty to US District Court Judge Richard Holwell. The pair were arrested, along with others, …
Not to provoke moral outrage. Just can't understand the stupidity here, not of the insider trading, but of actually entering a not guilty plea.
Surely it would have been easier, swifter and less harmful all round, to have plea bargained to something like, 12 months jail time, and $50 mill fine and have done with it.
Now what, possible life time sentencing and forfeiture of everything, I knew insider trading was monumentally stupid, but I was wrong, there are even more stupid things than pure stupidity.
Well maybe they weren't insider trading
Blimey, when has this presumption of guilt before evidence and trial become such a fad?
Oh I know, when most of the Western nations lost their moral backbone.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple fell into IBM's arms
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s