Commercial Linux distributor and platform wannabe Red Hat ended the year with a peachy quarter. For the third quarter of fiscal 2010, ended November 30, sales jumped 17.5 per cent to $194.3m. But the company is having trouble growing its profits, and even if you want to be kind and ignore an $8.75m charge to settle a class …
Open Source and "Making Money"
Making money, any kind of money, by selling something that you can get for free from somewhere else, or you can get something that does exactly the same things for free from somewhere else, has always been kind of difficult, and it will never be easy. RH makes money because they are the only one that takes the whole "Linux" thing with a real business approach, and other business (aka: peoples that are interested in getting something for their money) appreciate.
An other Anonymous Drunk
or there is no logic to your post
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: Redmond must let feds into foreign servers