Commercial Linux distributor and platform wannabe Red Hat ended the year with a peachy quarter. For the third quarter of fiscal 2010, ended November 30, sales jumped 17.5 per cent to $194.3m. But the company is having trouble growing its profits, and even if you want to be kind and ignore an $8.75m charge to settle a class …
Open Source and "Making Money"
Making money, any kind of money, by selling something that you can get for free from somewhere else, or you can get something that does exactly the same things for free from somewhere else, has always been kind of difficult, and it will never be easy. RH makes money because they are the only one that takes the whole "Linux" thing with a real business approach, and other business (aka: peoples that are interested in getting something for their money) appreciate.
An other Anonymous Drunk
or there is no logic to your post
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Infosec geniuses hack a Canon PRINTER and install DOOM
- Game Theory Half a BILLION in the making: Bungie's Destiny reviewed
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland