back to article Acer to ship lots of smartphones, many of them Android, claims mole

Acer intends to release ten smartphones in 2010. Or possibly only eight. Whatever the total, more of them will run Android than Windows Mobile. Maybe. You just can't get quality rumours these days... So says someone from within Taiwan's handset manufacturing community - well, from within Acer, presumably - according to a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gerard Krupa
    FAIL

Must do better

Let's hope that unlike the Liquid some of them have proper access to the Android Market. Maybe they'll improve customer service too and train their Internet support team to reply with something other than "call our premium rate support number".

2. Peter Bond
    WTF?

@ Gerard

Gerard - I noticed that you made this same comment on the Reg's review of the Liquid but didn't reply when the reviewer asked you for examples of missing apps. I took delivery of my Liquid from Expansys last week and found all 18 of the apps on my G1 - 4 payed for, the rest gratis - in the Android 1.6 Market and all work.

With a few small exceptions - HTC have released some Sense widgets that only work on handsets running the HTC Sense UI - the Android Market is the same no matter what handset you are using.

Either let the rest of us know what apps you had running on your G1 that you can't find in the 1.6 Market via the Liquid or the ones that you can find but can't get working on the Liquid or quit complaining! BTW, if you have an app that works on the G1 but not the Liquid that is a fault with the app developer, not with the handset maker!

3. Ramazan
    Happy

chippery

The lesser models will use Ericsson cheappery, it's claimed, while higer-end handsets will be based on Qualcomm's Snapdragon.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like