Google has renewed takeover talks with local business review site Yelp. The two have talked before without nailing down a deal. Yelp offers user-generated reviews of companies by local area - so you can see reviews of restaurants in Islington for instance. But sources have told The New York Times that the discussions got …
Why would I want to see reviews of restaurants in Islington?
Maybe needs a name change too
Not sure I'd want to trust a site called "Yelp" for good reviews - bad ones maybe. But guess it's partly a case of company moves to another country and doesn't bother to work out if the name has any meaning.
As for sale staff promising to make bad reviews disappear - of course they are! The vast majority of the type of "sales" people they'll employ (aka. telephone sales monkeys) will promise anything to get their commission even if they have no power to do this.
As for Google - hopefully they will look at the profit figures, not how much they got in ads and how much they spent of that on christmas management parties.
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO
- Banking apps: Handy, can grab all your money... and RIDDLED with coding flaws