back to article Leaner Symmetrix goes faster

EMC has made its high-end Symmetrix V-Max thinner and faster. It's added 8Gbit/s Fibre Channel and deleted space reclaim features to make it use its capacity more efficiently and get data in and out faster. The Fibre Channel upgrade doubles link speed from 4 to 8Gbit/s and EMC has also announced 8Gbit/s mainframe FICON links and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

thin vmax

is this new thin vmax the same one as they announced earlier this year? I recall them announcing two different models of the v-max though at the moment I only see one on their site(there was two when I looked earlier in the year, forgot what the other one was tagged, it had some special word after the v-max)

Go

Thin VMAX

There are two models of VMAX - VMAX and VMAX-SE.

VMAX-SE is a single engine box supporting 120 to 360 drives. No expansion beyond the 1 engine as this platform does not have the back end engine interconnect technology.

Regular VMAX supports from 1 to 8 engines with up to 2400 drive support. Basically around 300 drives per engine. The latest announcement allows capacity based configurations = Less engines/more drives.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums