Amazon Web Services, the cloud computing subsidiary of online retailer Amazon, today has put a media serving and caching front end on its Simple Storage Service (S3) storage cloud that lets it act as a distributed (as in globally) media server to feed streaming content on the cheap. The streaming media service is called …
Price per gig
To Amazon's credit, they recently reduced the higher European costs down to match most of the US prices - they really do offer a highly competitive option to the streaming companies. I can't wait for them to take and stream live feeds natively.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Worstall on Wednesday YES, iPhones ARE getting slower with each new release of iOS
- Pic 7 Amazing Experiments on NASA's 2020 Mars Rover – Including Oxygen Generation
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs