Spinvox is set to be taken over by a US speech recognition firm days before it is due to repay a £30m bridging loan, The Times reports. Spinvox hit the skids last summer, when it emerged that its speech to text service had been powered in large part by humans, rather than computers. In August, one of its backers, John Botts, …
It's a dog!
Who in their right mind would pay for this?
over $200mln ...
is the correct figure..not £100mln
Now where is a Delhi Call centre with extra capacity when you need one...
the "spin" part of the name was certainly spot on...........
mines the one with Spinvox service (aka the India call centre) in it
It's all part of Nuance's long campaign to buy up every speech technology company in existence, regardless of their profitability or technological merit (maybe they have a patent for transcribing texts, or something equally vague that Nuance could monetise). Soon if you want to speak at all, you'll have to do it to Nuance software/devices. Apparently this doesn't pose any competition/anti-trust worries.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER