Data Robotics has hired Tom Buiocchi as its new CEO, replacing founder Geoff Barrall. Data Robotics produces the Drobo products, data robots that provide multi-drive external storage. Almost 100,000 Drobos have been sold, and founder Geoff Barral has been its CEO since 2005. Tom Buiocchi's last executive business role was at …
Constructive Disruptive Technologies require Irregular and Unconventional Wisdoms/Pathfinders ...
"We must surely ask that question since Buiocchi has not been a CEO of a company before and therefore has no track record at CEO level. Data Robotics' board is taking quite a gamble in not appointing a seasoned CEO."
Given the [s]ongoing[/s] markets meltdown and fiscal fumblings, who would need such past seasoning. One cannot expect a step change in fortune to another level without a step change in leadership at another level, thus is the old/traditional CEO model never going to deliver a future service successfully.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide