Data Robotics has hired Tom Buiocchi as its new CEO, replacing founder Geoff Barrall. Data Robotics produces the Drobo products, data robots that provide multi-drive external storage. Almost 100,000 Drobos have been sold, and founder Geoff Barral has been its CEO since 2005. Tom Buiocchi's last executive business role was at …
Constructive Disruptive Technologies require Irregular and Unconventional Wisdoms/Pathfinders ...
"We must surely ask that question since Buiocchi has not been a CEO of a company before and therefore has no track record at CEO level. Data Robotics' board is taking quite a gamble in not appointing a seasoned CEO."
Given the [s]ongoing[/s] markets meltdown and fiscal fumblings, who would need such past seasoning. One cannot expect a step change in fortune to another level without a step change in leadership at another level, thus is the old/traditional CEO model never going to deliver a future service successfully.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?