The European Commission is letting Rambus off the hook now that the US firm has offered to cap licensing rates for some of its industry-standard chip technology. Europe's top antitrust regulator said Wednesday it has dropped charges against Rambus, makes no finding of liability, and will levy no fine against the company. Under …
They should have struck down Rambus's patents
They should have struck down Rambus's patents.
Failing that, nationalize the company.
Maybe put its executives on the No-Fly List.
Damn It! Almost got them!
How many whacks of the killstick will take to keep to put these sleaze buckets into bankruptcy?
"The American patent troll has been fighting allegations that it intentionally concealed that it had patents and patent applications connected to DRAM chips,"
There, fixed that for ya.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low