Dell just bitchslapped Cisco over its Unified Computing System, insisting that the networking giant's foray into the server biz suits Cisco's bottom line more than the needs of its customers. Cisco's UCS is designed to unify networking, computing, storage, and virtualization tools in a single product. Cisco paints it as a means …
What I got out of this article is Dell is cheaper but not as stacked.
What I get
is that Dell want you the customer to be locked into them as a one-stop shop as opposed to being locked into Cisco.
Still shafts the customer.
Do you get a shovel for that load of bullsh*t?
Whereas Cisco's offerings are "closed," Asthana says, Dell's are "open."
Dell's systems are just as "open" as Cisco's, or HP's, or IBM's, etc. Try to find a third-part drive carriage for a Dell server; impossible. Try to order a Dell drive carriage without also ordering a hard drive; Satan will build a ski resort in hell before that happens.
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast