Seagate is introducing the world's thinnest 2.5-inch laptop hard drive for netbooks and ultra-thin laptop PCs at CES in Las Vegas next month. This is a single platter Momentus Thin drive, 7mm in height, which makes it 25 per cent slimmer than traditional 2.5-inch notebook drives. It has 160GB and 250GB capacity points, an 8MB …
Room there for SSD to bring it back up to 9.5mm
You suggest they will take the speed up to 7200rpm, and the size up to 320GB. For me, it would be far more interesting to get a normal-sized (9.5mm thick 2.5 inch) drive with, say, 80GB of MLC SSD (for OS and apps) and 250GB of 5400rpm HDD (for documents). That would give my laptop (early 2007 MacBook Pro, 2.16GHz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM, 160GB disk) a new lease on life!
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about
- New Snapchat Snapcash service inspires amateur PORN STARS