Microsoft will testify to the European Commission later this week in the ongoing debate on whether the Eurocrats will bless Oracle's Sun-acquisition plans. A Microsoft spokesperson told ZDNet that Redmond "can confirm participation at the hearing and that the company has previously responded to inquiry from the Commission about …
Isn't it obvious??
Anything that causes problems for Oracle is viewed as good by Microsoft & SAP. A negative decision by the EC certainly isn't good for Oracle, let alone Sun.
... Microsoft. Weren't you guys on the other side of this courtroom just the other week? We'll have to start charging you rent!
Anyway surely if Oracle murder MySQL then the MariaDB codefork will keep going in its stead? Might make InnoDB drivers a bit tricky though perhaps.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows