Microsoft will testify to the European Commission later this week in the ongoing debate on whether the Eurocrats will bless Oracle's Sun-acquisition plans. A Microsoft spokesperson told ZDNet that Redmond "can confirm participation at the hearing and that the company has previously responded to inquiry from the Commission about …
Isn't it obvious??
Anything that causes problems for Oracle is viewed as good by Microsoft & SAP. A negative decision by the EC certainly isn't good for Oracle, let alone Sun.
... Microsoft. Weren't you guys on the other side of this courtroom just the other week? We'll have to start charging you rent!
Anyway surely if Oracle murder MySQL then the MariaDB codefork will keep going in its stead? Might make InnoDB drivers a bit tricky though perhaps.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK