Microsoft will testify to the European Commission later this week in the ongoing debate on whether the Eurocrats will bless Oracle's Sun-acquisition plans. A Microsoft spokesperson told ZDNet that Redmond "can confirm participation at the hearing and that the company has previously responded to inquiry from the Commission about …
Isn't it obvious??
Anything that causes problems for Oracle is viewed as good by Microsoft & SAP. A negative decision by the EC certainly isn't good for Oracle, let alone Sun.
... Microsoft. Weren't you guys on the other side of this courtroom just the other week? We'll have to start charging you rent!
Anyway surely if Oracle murder MySQL then the MariaDB codefork will keep going in its stead? Might make InnoDB drivers a bit tricky though perhaps.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire