Apple is said to be in acquisition talks with online music-streaming service Lala. This rumor comes from Bloomberg, which reported it on Friday, citing none other than the ever-gabby "people familiar with the matter." The music-delivery method used by the Lala service is radically different from that employed by Apple in its …
Just bought them
Just came across the wires that Apple just bought LaLa...
The New York Times confirms that Apple has bought Lala.
I'll need a new music store soon I suppose, since I'll be getting a please install itunes page instead of a functioning website.
Hadn't heard of Lala
But I quite like the sound of it. The problem I have with the traditional music rental sites is that I just don't have the time to explore new music and make proper use of the not inconsiderable sum they demand each month. This approach sounds much better for those of us who are no longer students, and have to spend time doing other things!
Now, if Apple can work our the same model for television programmes and films too, then I'll be very happy.
...won't they just acquire Spotify already?! I prefer that model. £9.99 a month, virtually unlimited downloads....
So now you can *buy* songs and Apple will *look after* them for you and you will have *unlimted access* (conditions may - apply see T&Cs) via your iCuflinksContract .................
Oh, someone has to say it...
Have they acquired Tinky Winky, Po and Dipsy as well?
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base