You can question the platform's longevity, but there's no doubting the Nintendo Wii is a sales success. Especially now market data shows it to be the UK's fastest-selling console. During the week ending 28 November 2009 - week 48 - total local Wii sales surpassed 6m units, market watcher Gfk-ChartTrack has revealed. That …
The Wii's problem...
Is that they haven't released any good games for it for quite a while. All they have on offer recently is sequels and their TV adverts are advertising products 2 years old!
Hows Wiiware doing? (Their online market place for Wii specific games)
I notice they're doing a promotion to try to get more people to sign up to connect their Wii to the internet and the internet shop (a sign-up-a-friend-get-500-points thing). So I wonder if they have many signed?
My recommended Wiiware titles:
But also the n64 stuff is good (Zelda Ocarina of Time etc.).
Has the Wii's popularity peaked?
Yes. It'll never be as big as it was in 2008, and although I am a huge Nintendo fanboy, it is the truth. Of course it will continue to sell, but never at the rate is did last year, that was it's sale rate peak.
Soon the fastest growing console will be apple gaming. Yes its true apple is secretly making a console read this <a href="http://www.domesticutilities.com/game.htm" target="_blank" rel="no-follow">www.domesticutilities.com/game.htm</a>
So its a good news for apple lovers. Wii is good but god knows what apple is going to bring as they have worlds best programers working on it
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Analysis BlackBerry's turnaround relies on a secret weapon: Its own network
- Hire and hold IT staff in 2015: The Reg's how-to guide