back to article HP hit with another strike

More industrial unrest is threatening HP, where another union today announced that its members will strike. Unite said it will organise a walkout, involving about 100 staff, on 7 December. Yesterday, the Public and Commercial Services Union said its members working on Department of Work and Pensions contracts for HP (the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Go

Not on my birthday please

Do they know how many benefit payments will be affected?

I might not get my unemployment JSA until the 11th

I have christmas presents to buy, are they heartless?

Anon as I get more now than I did when working for our wonderful government

Anonymous Coward

HP productivity couldnt get any lower...

Its been quite a while since HP have been able to deliver anything. I shouldnt think a strike will make any difference to productivity.

Even their servers currently lag behind Dell's in terms of performance.

FAIL

Already started..

Their network is on strike already and has been all day...

Dead Vulture

Lay offs?

A strike is always a good way to convince a company to just off shore all the jobs and shut down the entire site.

FAIL

Power to their elbow

Although I sympathise with AC@22:00, I support this action. HP/EDS are simply taking advantage of current financial conditions to cut benefits. As an ex-employee of EDS they were never particularly generous - the worst thing that can happen is that this disgraceful downgrading of T's & C's go unchallenged.

In better times I would encourage every employee to find a job - quickly - with another company, because HP does not deserve any loyalty. What is taking place is immoral, plain and simple.

Flame

@macrat

Fantastic idea because, after all the remote support workers can use their mental powers to remote view the NIC lights or fix a machine that doesn't boot/have a network. And yes, people love talking to faceless tech support workers on the phone rather than face to face and seeing them.

Dead Vulture

outsourcing

Agree with the Jase, India to diagnose remotely, and hell do they get it wrong, There favourite is if they dont know they send a system board. India have never seen the products, they just have the manual with a list of part numbers and they just guess.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums