Memory maker Micron has introduced what may be the first solid-state drive fitted with a 6Gb/s Sata 3.0 connector. The RealSSD C300 is being pitched as "the fastest drive for notebook and desktop personal computers". Easy to say, that, and Micron followed it up by stating the C300 is faster than any other SSD connected by a 3Gb/ …
Have a Supertalent Masterdrive SX since this morning
Have a Supertalent Masterdrive SX [yes, exceptionally stupid name] since this morning in my company notebook, replacing a Seagate Momentus 5400.
The SX is so fast, even McAfee can´t slow my machine down.
This is truly unbelievable. It feels so... responsive. Even colleagues who didn´t know of the replacement did mention my notebook seems to be way faster.
Oddly enough: you can´t properly measure the difference.
GO for SSD, definitly "GO!"
Just two questions
No doubt independent reviews will cover this in time, but what are the random read/write times, and what is the real-world failure rate.
Does anyone make a 6Gb/s SATA adapter that can do 6Gb/s sustained throughput?
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Pic iPhone 6 flip tip slips in Aussie's clip: Apple's 'reversible USB' leaks