How could server and PC maker Dell see its revenue decline less than those of its rivals in x64 servers in the third quarter? While Dell is not talking specifics, the company has a number of stealth server units that could be smoothing over some of the rough spots and that it's worth looking at. As El Reg reported Monday, …
Google Search Appliance
The Google Search Appliance ISN'T about Google selling hardware: it's about Google making some money on the side out of a) it's searching and indexing software technology, and b) it's massive brand name.
If they thought it feasible they'd probably sell it just as a shrinkwrap application to go onto other peoples' boxes, but they probably prefer the mystery 'magic box' approach of supplying a turn-key solution.
Not In Austin
Dell is deliberately outside of Austin to avoid taxes. Always has been.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth