How could server and PC maker Dell see its revenue decline less than those of its rivals in x64 servers in the third quarter? While Dell is not talking specifics, the company has a number of stealth server units that could be smoothing over some of the rough spots and that it's worth looking at. As El Reg reported Monday, …
Google Search Appliance
The Google Search Appliance ISN'T about Google selling hardware: it's about Google making some money on the side out of a) it's searching and indexing software technology, and b) it's massive brand name.
If they thought it feasible they'd probably sell it just as a shrinkwrap application to go onto other peoples' boxes, but they probably prefer the mystery 'magic box' approach of supplying a turn-key solution.
Not In Austin
Dell is deliberately outside of Austin to avoid taxes. Always has been.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default