How could server and PC maker Dell see its revenue decline less than those of its rivals in x64 servers in the third quarter? While Dell is not talking specifics, the company has a number of stealth server units that could be smoothing over some of the rough spots and that it's worth looking at. As El Reg reported Monday, …
Google Search Appliance
The Google Search Appliance ISN'T about Google selling hardware: it's about Google making some money on the side out of a) it's searching and indexing software technology, and b) it's massive brand name.
If they thought it feasible they'd probably sell it just as a shrinkwrap application to go onto other peoples' boxes, but they probably prefer the mystery 'magic box' approach of supplying a turn-key solution.
Not In Austin
Dell is deliberately outside of Austin to avoid taxes. Always has been.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Kaspersky backpedals on "done nothing wrong, nothing to fear" company article