How could server and PC maker Dell see its revenue decline less than those of its rivals in x64 servers in the third quarter? While Dell is not talking specifics, the company has a number of stealth server units that could be smoothing over some of the rough spots and that it's worth looking at. As El Reg reported Monday, …
Google Search Appliance
The Google Search Appliance ISN'T about Google selling hardware: it's about Google making some money on the side out of a) it's searching and indexing software technology, and b) it's massive brand name.
If they thought it feasible they'd probably sell it just as a shrinkwrap application to go onto other peoples' boxes, but they probably prefer the mystery 'magic box' approach of supplying a turn-key solution.
Not In Austin
Dell is deliberately outside of Austin to avoid taxes. Always has been.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- VMware reveals 27-patch Heartbleed fix plan