Large shared-memory computing seems to be making a bit of a comeback. The two players we have already talked about ScaleMP and 3Leaf, use primarily off-the-shelf servers (with a special ASIC, in 3Leaf’s case) along with Infiniband connections and specialized software to build cache-coherent, shared-everything systems. With this …
Itanium is dead to SGI (err...Rackable)
Honesty is the best policy;......there will be no SGI Tukwila systems.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK