The FCC has invited those interested in running a white space database to explain how they would manage it, and if they're expecting to be handed a monopoly. The FCC's invitation (pdf) asks potential band managers how they think the work should be divided up, and which part they would like to take on themselves. Then it's a …
Could still be...
It could still be wifi on steroids.
TV signals range hundreds of km so any white space device only needs to know very roughly where it is.
It could also possibly work without internet by detecting other white space devices.
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? If you think 3D printing is just firing blanks, just you wait