The FCC has invited those interested in running a white space database to explain how they would manage it, and if they're expecting to be handed a monopoly. The FCC's invitation (pdf) asks potential band managers how they think the work should be divided up, and which part they would like to take on themselves. Then it's a …
Could still be...
It could still be wifi on steroids.
TV signals range hundreds of km so any white space device only needs to know very roughly where it is.
It could also possibly work without internet by detecting other white space devices.
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs
- Episode 4 BOFH: Oh DO tell us what you think. *CLICK*