The FCC has invited those interested in running a white space database to explain how they would manage it, and if they're expecting to be handed a monopoly. The FCC's invitation (pdf) asks potential band managers how they think the work should be divided up, and which part they would like to take on themselves. Then it's a …
Could still be...
It could still be wifi on steroids.
TV signals range hundreds of km so any white space device only needs to know very roughly where it is.
It could also possibly work without internet by detecting other white space devices.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity
- 'Snoopers' Charter IS DEAD', Lib Dems claim as party waves through IP address-matching
- Yahoo! blames! MONSTER! email! OUTAGE! on! CUT! CABLE! bungle!