The FCC has invited those interested in running a white space database to explain how they would manage it, and if they're expecting to be handed a monopoly. The FCC's invitation (pdf) asks potential band managers how they think the work should be divided up, and which part they would like to take on themselves. Then it's a …
Could still be...
It could still be wifi on steroids.
TV signals range hundreds of km so any white space device only needs to know very roughly where it is.
It could also possibly work without internet by detecting other white space devices.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth