back to article Vodafone offers free mobile internet

If you aren’t already on an all-you-can-surf mobile web package and can’t find an unsecured Wi-Fi network nearby, save some pennies today by logging on with Vodafone. For one day only – today – the network carrier has promised to waive all costs associated with surfing the web from your mobile phone, letting you experience the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Let me guess

Nice publicity stunt. My guess is that there is no altruism at work here. They probably need to fix that ever-broken Amdocs billing nightmare they are using so this way they get a nice quiet day for which they need to produce only a "legacy" bill.

Happy

You beat me to it!

"Aha, Billing upgrade!" is what I thought.

And I thought it was just my paranoia speaking... :)

FAIL

Not such a great offer

It's WAP only! They might just as well give away free sweets and lollipops.

T&Cs: "Data accessed through Mobile Broadband, Mobile Broadband Via your Phone and / or BlackBerry email and internet is not eligible for the Promotion and will be charged at your standard rate during the Promotional Period."

Thumb Down

used to use vodafone here in ireland

last year i spent a couple of hundred on prepay for data on vodafone here in ireland. it was a good service and while in hospital for a few weeks last year allowed me to stay in touch and remain sane on my e71.

and then nokia broke my e71 so i started using o2 on my iphone. worked nearly as well as vodafone. less coverage and a weaker signal. but at the time i didn't have to deal with my nokias crappiness.

fast forward this year and i got tired waiting for vodafone to offer a android phone so a mate picked up a htc hero in the uk for me.

eager to get the better data service again i set it up. yes the htc isn't perfect and the iphone beats it in a few areas but i prefer the htc hero. to find that vodafone is changing the pages i download to have some crappy mobile web interface on every page. i will never use this service. i don't want this service. i don't seem to be able to turn off this service. can't bear ringing them to ask how to fix it as dealing with vodafone has been a pain in the past when they kept sending me junk sms despite my asking them to stop every time. so while i use the htc hero on wifi, i've spent less than €5 in 3 months. their loss.

vodafone listen to your customer! we want a service not f@cking adverts! don't mess with pages downloaded.

FAIL

Exclusions Apply

with a fair usage limit of 25 mb go over and they will charge you !

WTF?

Doesn't cover modems either

Doesn't cover modems either which is a shame.

I guess it's a case of, move along, nothing to see here.

Rob

Badgers

Not hugely exciting.

It's WAP access only not mobile broadband, and only up to 25MB - so not a huge deal really.

Thumb Down

WAP only - just proves how evil they are

"The Promotion is only available for browsing WAP sites on your mobile

(Eligible Data). Eligible Data usage during the Promotional Period will not count towards your normal daily or monthly usage allowances.

Data accessed through Mobile Broadband, Mobile Broadband Via your Phone and / or BlackBerry email and internet is not eligible for the Promotion and will be charged at your standard rate during the Promotional Period."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums