A Xiotech blog post says unequivocally that Xiotech will not be using solid state drives (SSDs) in its Emprise arrays in the near future. The post, made to rebut a Techopsguys blog, is written as though it comes from someone like Jim MacDonald, Xiotech's new Chief Strategy Officer, although it is not attributed to any individual …
my blog made the news, wow never thought I'd see the day.
Certainly look forward to seeing those published SPC-1 results though!
Why SSD and not SSM?
SSD (Solid State Drives) are not Drives, and as some people altenatively spell it, not disk eather. Solid State Memory is more accurate, or SSMS (memory storage) If you want to make it clear is not RAM... but we call RAM RAM so...
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth