A Xiotech blog post says unequivocally that Xiotech will not be using solid state drives (SSDs) in its Emprise arrays in the near future. The post, made to rebut a Techopsguys blog, is written as though it comes from someone like Jim MacDonald, Xiotech's new Chief Strategy Officer, although it is not attributed to any individual …
my blog made the news, wow never thought I'd see the day.
Certainly look forward to seeing those published SPC-1 results though!
Why SSD and not SSM?
SSD (Solid State Drives) are not Drives, and as some people altenatively spell it, not disk eather. Solid State Memory is more accurate, or SSMS (memory storage) If you want to make it clear is not RAM... but we call RAM RAM so...
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base