A Xiotech blog post says unequivocally that Xiotech will not be using solid state drives (SSDs) in its Emprise arrays in the near future. The post, made to rebut a Techopsguys blog, is written as though it comes from someone like Jim MacDonald, Xiotech's new Chief Strategy Officer, although it is not attributed to any individual …
my blog made the news, wow never thought I'd see the day.
Certainly look forward to seeing those published SPC-1 results though!
Why SSD and not SSM?
SSD (Solid State Drives) are not Drives, and as some people altenatively spell it, not disk eather. Solid State Memory is more accurate, or SSMS (memory storage) If you want to make it clear is not RAM... but we call RAM RAM so...
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Bring back error correction, say Danish 'net boffins