back to article iPhone comes to Tesco

Tesco is planning to offer the iPhone 3G and 3GS, hopefully before Christmas, proving that Apple's status symbol is now the phone of the people. Tesco will be selling both models of iPhone, on-line and in stores, but they're not promising to have them available before Christmas as there are logistical issues to sort out, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ejoftheweb

err?

Tesco won't compete with iTunes?

what's this then?

http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/mp3/

?

2. truCido

network

the o2 network seems to struggle enough with there own iphone data, let alone tescos on top!!

3. The Vociferous Time Waster
    Troll

Demographic?

"Tesco probably won't sell a lot of iPhones - what with Tesco customers not falling into the traditional demographic"

What? You mean the unemployed, the gullible, the wankers and the students don't shop in Tesco? That's strange because I seem them in there whenever I have to pay a visit. I think the demographic you think you are referring to is the one that orders food online and has a blackberry.

4. David 45

Go to basket

Goes with the brussel sprouts, I suppose.

5. Ascylto

Thank the Gods ...

it wasn't ASDA.

If it had been ASDA(Mart) I'd have had to get another phone. I couldn't bear the chavvy, shellsuit image and be sold the phone by a 'colleague'.

Not that I'm a snob, you understand.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Alert

Re: Asda Chavs

Maybe ASCO* will start to sell them after their first store opens in Warrington. Then we will get the best(worst) of both Asda & Tesco.

*http://www.ascostores.co.uk/

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

WTF?

Tesco shoppers people don't own iPhones? WTF?

Bearing in mind they are THE largest retailer in the UK, I'd be suprised if no one owns Apple kit.

Oh and my nearest Waitrose is about 30 miles away (in that area you could count about 50 Tesco stores) and I don't know about you cockney barrow boys, but north of Watford gap,they tend to be full of old f**Kers who like it because it very simple & old fashoined and the don't have too many confusing choices, you know like offering more than 2 brands of washing powder.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good move - power to the people

This clearly brings the iphone out of the hands of the Fanbois and into the hands of the demotic.

Unfortunately for Apples image this will include the chavs and tracksuit wearers and other ordinary people who will get on with using it for phoning people, playing tunes and checking myspace and facebook.

And there will be Clubcard points too which is a bit of discount on price effectively.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wrong demographic?

"Tesco probably won't sell a lot of iPhones - what with Tesco customers not falling into the traditional demographic"

I guess I had better stop shopping in Tesco then 'cause I sure am an Apple kind of person. Who also likes to buy Apple products direct from the Apple stores or their website.

Is this another example of why demographics are putting a premium on advertising costs without seeing that much of an increased ROI?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like