Skype-gateway-to-mobile providers Fring have added support for a selection of S60 devices, bringing free video calling to Symbian handsets. Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network, providing Skype connectivity on the move. That's been voice-only until now, but the latest release manages …
No Video Thank You
Unless the lighting is very good (with more than one source) and I've recently had a shave and I feel in a very good mood and the camera is at a good angle, then I look like an axe murderer with a hangover; or so I've been told.
I will not be using any form of video call no matter how cheap it is.
Verbing words weirds language
"Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network"..?
Pass my revolver.
I am all for this. My wife and kids are overseas and it's great to be able to skype them with video. If I can do that directly from my nokia N95 phone rather than requiring my laptop then all the better. I'm downloading the latest version of fring now and will report back how well it works.
OctoTalk has been developing this for other platforms
OctroTalk 2.0 with Video Calling doesn't use Skype, but competing IM programs whose desktop versions support video. And it's not free.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Register journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS