back to article Fring brings Skype video calls to mobile

Skype-gateway-to-mobile providers Fring have added support for a selection of S60 devices, bringing free video calling to Symbian handsets. Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network, providing Skype connectivity on the move. That's been voice-only until now, but the latest release …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. frank ly
    Thumb Down

No Video Thank You

Unless the lighting is very good (with more than one source) and I've recently had a shave and I feel in a very good mood and the camera is at a good angle, then I look like an axe murderer with a hangover; or so I've been told.

I will not be using any form of video call no matter how cheap it is.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Verbing words weirds language

"Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network"..?

Pass my revolver.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

about time

I am all for this. My wife and kids are overseas and it's great to be able to skype them with video. If I can do that directly from my nokia N95 phone rather than requiring my laptop then all the better. I'm downloading the latest version of fring now and will report back how well it works.

4. Maryland, USA
    Megaphone

OctoTalk has been developing this for other platforms

OctroTalk 2.0 with Video Calling doesn't use Skype, but competing IM programs whose desktop versions support video. And it's not free.

http://www.octrotalk.com/

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like