Skype-gateway-to-mobile providers Fring have added support for a selection of S60 devices, bringing free video calling to Symbian handsets. Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network, providing Skype connectivity on the move. That's been voice-only until now, but the latest release manages …
No Video Thank You
Unless the lighting is very good (with more than one source) and I've recently had a shave and I feel in a very good mood and the camera is at a good angle, then I look like an axe murderer with a hangover; or so I've been told.
I will not be using any form of video call no matter how cheap it is.
Verbing words weirds language
"Fring is an identity-aggregating app that also gateways into Skype's voice network"..?
Pass my revolver.
I am all for this. My wife and kids are overseas and it's great to be able to skype them with video. If I can do that directly from my nokia N95 phone rather than requiring my laptop then all the better. I'm downloading the latest version of fring now and will report back how well it works.
OctoTalk has been developing this for other platforms
OctroTalk 2.0 with Video Calling doesn't use Skype, but competing IM programs whose desktop versions support video. And it's not free.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- US judge: YES, cops or feds so can slurp an ENTIRE Gmail account