Hewlett-Packard's profits grew 14 per cent in the fiscal fourth quarter, boosted by corporate cost-cutting and solid performance by its enormous services unit. The vendor's successes helped offset major losses in revenue in just about everything that's not services, including consumer PCs; enterprise storage and servers; …
It wont last
ex-EDS staff have had enough of HPs treatment. Unless Mark Hurd starts treating us with respect and honours 'pay for performance' I forecast that 2010 will be blighted by strikes.
As an ex-HP employee
RE: 'It wont last'
Don't hold your breath for any extra payouts we were promised a 5% end of year bonus to subsidise the deficit in our pensions when we were tupee'd across. We had 0.5% and were told to lump it.
Flat base pay
for the February FPR there will be no base pay increases, as per Hurd's mail.
-borged HP Services serf
.. should now also come with the 'You may not get out what you pay in' warning as per the usual 'over 50's plan' adverts.
No base pay increases, but some bonus's... I wonder how much MH will be getting this year in total.. 10, 20 , 30 mill ?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Hate the BlackBerry Z10 and Passport? How about this dusty old flashback instead?
- NASA: Spacecraft crash site FOUND ON MOON RIM
- NATO declares WAR on Google Glass, mounts attack alongside MPAA