Hewlett-Packard's profits grew 14 per cent in the fiscal fourth quarter, boosted by corporate cost-cutting and solid performance by its enormous services unit. The vendor's successes helped offset major losses in revenue in just about everything that's not services, including consumer PCs; enterprise storage and servers; …
It wont last
ex-EDS staff have had enough of HPs treatment. Unless Mark Hurd starts treating us with respect and honours 'pay for performance' I forecast that 2010 will be blighted by strikes.
As an ex-HP employee
RE: 'It wont last'
Don't hold your breath for any extra payouts we were promised a 5% end of year bonus to subsidise the deficit in our pensions when we were tupee'd across. We had 0.5% and were told to lump it.
Flat base pay
for the February FPR there will be no base pay increases, as per Hurd's mail.
-borged HP Services serf
.. should now also come with the 'You may not get out what you pay in' warning as per the usual 'over 50's plan' adverts.
No base pay increases, but some bonus's... I wonder how much MH will be getting this year in total.. 10, 20 , 30 mill ?
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'