The SC09 supercomputing trade show finished up late last week, but El Reg still has a bunch of things to tell you about. One of them is a preview of the Opteron blade server for the upcoming high-end XT6 and midrange XT6m supercomputers from Cray. Like all of the progeny of the Red Storm supercomputer that Cray built for Sandia …
Is it just me,
or does that scraggly little ribbon cable with the sub-D on the end look completely out of place?
Does that mean there will be a race?
I'd like to see that.
... but will it play Crysis?
OT : This kind of processing power is impressive, I think we have a few old Sun Sparc's lying about, I wonder how much they're worth Trade-In...
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24