The SC09 supercomputing trade show finished up late last week, but El Reg still has a bunch of things to tell you about. One of them is a preview of the Opteron blade server for the upcoming high-end XT6 and midrange XT6m supercomputers from Cray. Like all of the progeny of the Red Storm supercomputer that Cray built for Sandia …
Is it just me,
or does that scraggly little ribbon cable with the sub-D on the end look completely out of place?
Does that mean there will be a race?
I'd like to see that.
... but will it play Crysis?
OT : This kind of processing power is impressive, I think we have a few old Sun Sparc's lying about, I wonder how much they're worth Trade-In...
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support