The SC09 supercomputing trade show finished up late last week, but El Reg still has a bunch of things to tell you about. One of them is a preview of the Opteron blade server for the upcoming high-end XT6 and midrange XT6m supercomputers from Cray. Like all of the progeny of the Red Storm supercomputer that Cray built for Sandia …
Is it just me,
or does that scraggly little ribbon cable with the sub-D on the end look completely out of place?
Does that mean there will be a race?
I'd like to see that.
... but will it play Crysis?
OT : This kind of processing power is impressive, I think we have a few old Sun Sparc's lying about, I wonder how much they're worth Trade-In...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip