Forget mobile phone covers made of recycled plastic bottles or handsets powered by sunlight. If you really want to make a green phone call then move to California, where some phone masts will soon run on wind energy. Helix_Wind Helix Wind's turbines capture wind using a helix shaped blades Wind turbine manufacturer Helix Wind …
In sunnier climates like Spain and Italy it's very common to see a solar panel hanging out of small mobile phone masts in the countryside.
Yawn. T-Mobile already have wind power cell sites up and running in Austria.
A way to quieten the phone mast sceptics?...
Say that for every phone mast put up, each will have its own wind turbine powering it, and any left over electricity given to the local resident/business.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court