Forget mobile phone covers made of recycled plastic bottles or handsets powered by sunlight. If you really want to make a green phone call then move to California, where some phone masts will soon run on wind energy. Helix_Wind Helix Wind's turbines capture wind using a helix shaped blades Wind turbine manufacturer Helix Wind …
In sunnier climates like Spain and Italy it's very common to see a solar panel hanging out of small mobile phone masts in the countryside.
Yawn. T-Mobile already have wind power cell sites up and running in Austria.
A way to quieten the phone mast sceptics?...
Say that for every phone mast put up, each will have its own wind turbine powering it, and any left over electricity given to the local resident/business.
- Acorn founder: SIXTH WAVE of tech will wash away Apple, Intel
- Analysis BlackBerry Messenger unleashed: Look out Twitter and Facebook
- Comment Mobile tech destroys the case for the HS2 £multi-beellion train set
- Nine-year-old Opportunity Mars rover sets NASA distance record
- Things that cost the same as coffee with Tim Cook - and are WAY more fun