Forget mobile phone covers made of recycled plastic bottles or handsets powered by sunlight. If you really want to make a green phone call then move to California, where some phone masts will soon run on wind energy. Helix_Wind Helix Wind's turbines capture wind using a helix shaped blades Wind turbine manufacturer Helix Wind …
In sunnier climates like Spain and Italy it's very common to see a solar panel hanging out of small mobile phone masts in the countryside.
Yawn. T-Mobile already have wind power cell sites up and running in Austria.
A way to quieten the phone mast sceptics?...
Say that for every phone mast put up, each will have its own wind turbine powering it, and any left over electricity given to the local resident/business.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook