eBay suffered an embarrassing failure on Saturday as no one was able to search on the site - not a good thing at the start of Christmas shopping season. The outage is made worse for the online tat bazaar because it is moving away from mom'n'pop traders to more professional sellers who expect better service, in exchange for their …
I can never find anything decent on ye olde tat-bazaar anyway...
They've got 33% more listings than this time a year ago, and they didn't have enough capacity to cope?!?!
In financial systems, we usually keep around 300% current capacity on tap, since volumes can (and have) tripled in a given day. Last year volumes doubled on several days running.
Whoever's managing eBay's capacity should be reading a pink-slip right about now.
Stupid is as stupid does
They are lying.
They always lie.
It's a facet of ebay we've all got used to.
The stupid thing is that everybody knows it's a lie,
yet ebay's blind arrogance assumes we all believe it.
Come on Google get your auction site online !!
In the mid 1990's there was still the argument about how little bandwidth is too little.
They found out when the data pipe is at 50% capacity that this was when people noticed a slow down of their internet session.
It seems that this EBAY techie manager never read the news.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests