Rogue anti-virus scammers have tainted search results for Chromium OS - the open source version of Google's Chrome OS - in a bid to expose surfers hunting the web operating system to a fake anti-virus scan scam instead. Search terms such as "chromium os download" point to sites featuring scripts that redirect stray surfers …
OK, target people searching for Twilight, you'll get a million idiot victims. But how many people looking to download the Chromium OS (and, presumably, install it on a VM, or do a tricky USB-based install onto a netbook) are going to fall for this crap?
I'm on Linux you Morons :)
For what it's worth, watching Twilight doesn't make you an idiot. My wife wants to see it, but is hardly stupid - for a female, watching Twilight doesn't make you stupid any more than watching Transformers or The Forbidden Kingdom makes guys stupid.
Watching GI Joe: Rise of Cobra will definitely make you stupid, though - even if you weren't when you showed up.
Pretty sure I got the real one
As the process involved tarballs and git and compiling from source.
if only! then the scammers would get the long arm of the law giving them a cuff round the ear 'ole
Narrow appeal, surely?
I wonder how many people saw the links and thought "A free, openisource OS to download - Ubuntu with a hat on - Quick! I must get to that non-trusted download URL in a heartbeat!"
- JLaw, Kate Upton exposed in celeb nude pics hack
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Page File Love XKCD? Love science? You'll love a book about science from Randall Munroe
- Facebook to let stalkers unearth buried posts with mobe search